Welcome to ICPSR's content management system for delivering news and other specialized content across our websites.
If you are a new user of this system please read through the instructions below.
- Start by logging in. If you need access please email email@example.com.
- Add a news post: Select "Content" in the toolbar at the top of the page and then click the "Add content" button. Select "News" on the following page. Enter a title and the body text. Use the Site field to tag the news item with one or more archives. Selecting multiple values means that the item will appear on all of the selected sites. Not selecting any tag means the item will not appear on any site.
- Making content appear immediately: All content is cached for up to 30 minutes to improve performance. This means it will take up to 30 minutes for a newly added item or an edit to an existing item to appear. If you need it to be live immediately, you will need to clear the cache by going to https://cms.icpsr.umich.edu/admin/config/development/performance and clicking "clear all caches". Please do not edit any other settings on the performance page.
- Scheduled publishing: To schedule content to be published in the future, first deselect the "Published" checkbox located above the Save button near the bottom of the page. Then under "Scheduling Options" in the right sidebar, enter the date the content should be published. The content will automatically go live on that date.
- Adding a Photo to a post
- Go to the OTHER FILES AND PHOTOS box (below the Body box) -not the Headline Photo section that is only for the front page of ICPSR
- Click the Choose File button and select the photo from your computer
- Click the Upload button
- After the photo is uploaded click the blue name of the file (this will open another window on your computer)
- Highlight the URL at the top of that window (example https://cms.icpsr.umich.edu/sites/default/files/news/DSDR-2016-3.png )- feel free to close that window now
- Return to the Body section of the page and click the picture icon (it looks like a landscape picture of mountains)
- Paste the url you just copied into the URL box and add appropriate alt text.
- As ICPSR staff, you have access to most or all of the CMS. However, please be careful to make changes only to your own project.